Shenandoah University seeks an energetic, engaging professional to lead the graduate and international recruitment team in its Admissions department. With supervision from the Executive Director of Recruitment and Admissions, the Associate Director is responsible for the execution and management of day-to-day graduate and international recruitment and admissions functionality, resulting in meeting Shenandoah University’s enrollment goals for graduate and international students.
Specific key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership, direction and coordination of the work of the graduate and international team.
- Utilizing data and reporting to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of graduate and international admissions functionalities.
- Developing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with campus stakeholders, including academic and administrative partners, in order to ensure maximum recruitment effectiveness.
- Ensuring a high quality of interaction with prospective students and partner institutions.
- Maintaining a current understanding of graduate and international student issues and trends in order to inform the development and implementation of effective and relevant recruitment strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in higher education or similar preferred
- 3 or more years related work experience in collegiate setting is required, experience in admissions, specifically graduate admissions is strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work autonomously and a commitment to working in a team environment
- An understanding of the unique challenges and needs of graduate students and graduate programs
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills, self-motivation and goal-orientation.
- Demonstrated analytical judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple, competing tasks effectively with a high level of efficiency and efficacy
- Computer proficiency. Experience with databases and Microsoft Office (Excel). Enrollment management database systems experience is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight for recruitment, to work evenings, and some weekends as needed
- Light physical effort required involving stooping and bending; individual has limited discretion about walking, standing, etc.; occasionally lifting of lightweight objects (up to 25 lbs.)
- Must possess a current, valid driver’s license and be able to maintain approved driver status.
Please be prepared to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references during the application process. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is chosen. Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment. Because driving on University business is a requirement of the position, an acceptable driving record is required as well.
Click HERE to apply for this position. At the resulting page, click on the “Associate Director – Grad & International Recruitment” job title written in blue under the heading “Latest Job Listings” on the left side of that screen; then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this automated process, please choose the “New” option. Be prepared to upload the previously referenced documents as you proceed with the process.
Shenandoah University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
Location/Region: Winchester, VA (US)