SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
· Demonstrate an understanding of the curriculum, subject content, and the developmental needs of students by providing relevant learning experiences.
· Meet the needs of all students by using the Virginia Standards of Learning, the school’s curriculum, IEPs, effective strategies, resources, and data.
· Effectively engage students in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies in order to meet individual learning needs.
Assessment of and for Student Learning
· Systematically gather, analyze, and use all relevant data to measure student academic progress, guide instructional content and delivery methods, and provide timely feedback to students, families, and LEAs throughout the school year.
· Use resources, routines, and procedures to provide a respectful, positive, safe, student-centered environment that is conducive to learning.
Student Academic Progress
· Ensure students’ progress is acceptable, measurable, and appropriate for student’s academic level.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Fully licensed by the Virginia Department of Education to teach in the areas to which they are assigned.
Elementary Program: Special Education – adapted curriculum K-12 endorsement and minimum two years of experience teaching elementary students with disabilities. OR Elementary K-6 teaching license.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Hold or be eligible to hold a Virginia Teaching License with proper endorsement(s). Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Must certify in First Aid, CPR and physical restraint training.