Professional responsibilities include pre-post, and perioperative patient care and orthopaedic consult service in the Winchester Medical Center within the guidelines of the Virginia Boards of Medicine and Nursing, including daily interdisciplinary rounding and call. The Ortho Trauma Advanced Practitioner acts as the liaison between the surgeons, nursing staff, and other care providers to ensure continuity and quality of care and is accessible to the patients as a point of contract for ongoing clinical issues. The APC also provides outpatient based clinical services in the orthopaedic specialty.
Graduate of a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistant
Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia with either a multi-state license, under the Nurse Licensure Compact OR a single-state license, valid in Virginia only (for NPs)
Minimum of two years relevant NP or PA experience in orthopaedic surgical care is desired. New graduates will be considered with experience during their clinical rotations in orthopaedics.
Certification & Licensures
Current NCCPA certification & Licensed or licensure-eligible in Virginia (for PAs) or Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia; Certification as Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia; and
Current, relevant specialty certification through the AACN or ANCC (for NPs)
Current ACLS certification
• Evidence of knowledge and skill in applying principles of sterile technique in perioperative setting.
• Knowledge and skill in surgical anatomy, physiology, and perioperative care.
• Well-balanced and developed clinical assessment skills.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform effectively in stressful and emergency situations.
• Excellent communication with all members of the care team as well as patients, families, and members of the community from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently, under the direct supervision and guidance of the supervising physician.
• Demonstrated knowledge, recognition, and consideration of the cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological states of human growth and development.
• Knowledge of statistics and research protocols.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
16 B Mid-Level Practitioner
Location/Region: Winchester, VA (US)