Shenandoah University is accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month audio visual technician. The successful candidate will be based at our ICPH campus in Fairfax Virginia.
Principal Responsibilities will include:
1) Responsible for the coordination of distance education scheduling, management, quality assurance, and faculty/student support between Fairfax and satellite campuses.
2) Training and support for faculty, staff, and end users to ensure proficiency with enterprise supported hardware and software.
3) Work with internal and external constituencies to ensure all requests and work orders are completed for the building on-time.
4) Verify classrooms are ready to begin class each morning and shut down equipment in the evenings.
5) Document daily and report monthly to supervisor relevant metrics for video teleconference connections, lecture recording, technology issues & training.
6) Provide and coordinate level 1 support for all faculty/student technology issues. Escalate and document support issues as needed to ACT team members.
7) Technology is always changing and job assignments may change, be prepared to work additional responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must have a working knowledge of Microsoft software, Apple computer, iOS and Android devices and familiar with use of video technology including troubleshooting and problem solving quickly and efficiently.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience. A minimum of two years of experience in classroom technology including audio, video and network environments required.
Preferred experience includes a working knowledge of and experience in using: Cisco Telepresence Management System (TMS),AMX Room Management System (RMS), Digital Sound Processing using Biamp, Tisera, Nexia.
Avixa Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) designation will be required withing the first year for continued employment.
Position may require short notice to temporary changes in normal working hours and may include work in confined spaces.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references during the application process. Note: You must submit all requested documents in order to receive full consideration for the position.
Click HERE to apply for this position. At the resulting page, click on the “Computing Support Specialist I” job title written in blue under the heading “Latest Job Listings” on the left side of that screen; then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this automated process, choose the “New” option. Be prepared to upload the previously referenced documents as you go through the process. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected. Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check will be required.
Questions about the position should be addressed to Richard Pierce at email@example.com
Shenandoah University prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Location/Region: Winchester, VA