Shenandoah University is seeking a qualified candidate to work in the Office of Admissions in the role of Admissions Coordinator for Recruiting Messaging. This is a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester Virginia.
General Description and Responsibilities
The Admissions Coordinator for Recruitment Messaging serves to attract and recruit prospective freshmen, transfer, graduate and international students through management of electronic and print communications. The coordinator will implement, coordinate, and manage initiatives, programs and projects; serves as writer and copy editor; within the CRM manages the admissions communications modules, events and communication flows; manages print publication inventory; and is responsible for the communications flow lead role by supporting the full Admissions team in this area.
The coordinator is expected to be a fully participating member of the Admissions team, the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success, and the entire university community.
Specific recruitment messaging responsibilities (70%):
- Conducting deliberate, intentional messaging to targeted audiences across the CRM platform to deliver university brand-conscious content, throughout the recruitment and enrollment processes. Working with Admissions leadership, coordinates the creation and distribution of overall recruitment messaging.
- Serving as a front-line CRM specialist, building and executing communication flows and campaigns within the CRM. Developing work consistent with university branding and admissions messaging compliance. Integrating timing of campaigns with both print and email communications. Work within the CRM, and other tools, to track and measure success of communication outreach efforts. Continuously improve the communication strategies through monitoring data on open rates, click-thru rates, responses and other key performance indicators.
- Creating and managing the distribution of email communications through the CRM. Creating filters and targets for email and mail communications. Writing and copy editing. Actively seeking and collaborating with colleagues and campus partners to enhance content that is accurate, current and relevant to stakeholders.
- Tracking and maintaining office publication inventory; Executing admissions mailings and print publication disseminations. Assisting with writing and copy editing recruitment brochures and materials.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams for preparation and execution of messaging for prospective students, families and school groups. Building relationships based on the professional, correct, and timely exchange of information with prospective students, families and guidance counselors, as well as campus-wide partners, stakeholders and community members.
- Hiring, training, delegating to, supervising and evaluating student employees to develop an effective student team.
- Purposefully responsible for continuous understanding of the pulse of the university and the greater community. Maintaining current competencies in trends and changing environments for electronic messaging design and dissemination. Identifying and implementing additional opportunities for the use of communications in supporting recruitment and enrollment.
- Ability to work with a fair amount of autonomy and limited supervision in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to multi-task in addition to the ability to collaborate as part of a team.
Specific admissions counselor responsibilities (30%):
- Managing an admissions recruitment territory. Required to do overnight recruitment travel and to work some evenings and weekends. Must provide a high quality of service to prospective students and families throughout the prospect, recruitment, admissions and enrollment processes.
- Recruiting prospective students at the inquiry, application, acceptance, and deposit stages of the enrollment process. This includes working independently and as a member of the admissions and enrollment teams.
- Enthusiastically and professionally representing the university at on- and off- campus recruitment events. This includes participation in college fairs and high school visits; in-state and out-of- state travel. Fully participate in day, evening, and weekend recruitment activities, some of which will require overnight travel. Adhering to university policies and procedures regarding travel.
- Giving admissions presentations to large and small groups as well as providing tours of main campus and other buildings.
- Implementing recruitment strategies and initiating, planning, and executing special projects in conjunction with enrollment goals and objectives.
- Using Microsoft and Apple environments, including Word and Excel, and utilizing various admissions technologies, including Hobsons’ Radius CRM and Datatel SIS, to maintain student records and communicate with prospective families. Reviewing applications and making admissions decisions within established guidelines.
- Participating in all activities necessary to recruit and retain students to Shenandoah University in order to meet enrollment goals, as assigned.
Qualifications Bachelor’s degree required. Prior experience in college admission, communications or related field. Demonstration of excellent communication skills: written and oral. Must possess excellent attention to details; must be a team player and interact collegially with co-workers and other constituencies. Working knowledge of various Microsoft and Mac/Apple environments. Previous utilization of various softwares, web tools, admissions technologies, and/or university databases, desired. Ability to perform data analysis using available tools and institutional reports, for data-driven decision-making and messaging. Willingness and ability to travel overnight, weekends and evenings for recruitment work. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. into and out of a vehicle. Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to pass a motor vehicle background check. The ability and willingness to work until the task is completed successfully is essential.
Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment. If driving on University business is a requirement of the position, an acceptable driving record is required as well.
Complete application submissions will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. You must submit all of the noted documents in order to receive full consideration. Click HERE to apply for this position. On the resulting page, click on the “ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR FOR RECRUITMENT MESSAGING” job title written in blue under the heading “Latest Job Listings” on the left side of that screen; then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this process, please choose the “New” option and be prepared to upload the previously mentioned documents.
Shenandoah University prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Location/Region: Winchester, VA