Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer in the world. We remain committed to conservation of the environment and the sustainable development & manufacture of a comprehensive line of acoustical fiber glass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate & creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability, and our company values & culture.
The primary function of the Warehouse Loader is to load, unload, and move material, receive, store and distribute product, material and equipment throughout the warehouse, within or near the plant, yard, or work site to ensure customer quality with minimum supervision.
· Load finished products into or out of trucks or railcars in the proper manner to ensure customer quality.
· Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
· Load and unload materials such as packaging supplies to the proper warehouse area.
· Be knowledgeable of warehouse fire protection system and procedures in case of fire.
· Operates forklift/clamp truck in a safe manner to move material, products and other items from receiving or production areas to storage, quarantine or to other designated area.
· Operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
· Understand inventory procedures in bay areas, sorts and places materials according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
· Mark materials with identifying information, also monitor outgoing finished products.
· Record materials or items received or distributed and ensure accurate completion of all paperwork including move sheets, load sheet, etc.
· Review production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
· Label material with identifying information, as well as monitor outgoing finished products.
· Count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards, accuracy and rotation of date codes.
· Use computer to enter records and maintains inventory records.
· Perform forklift equipment checks for each shift.
· Must be able to safely operate a forklift and other powered industrial vehicles.
· Adhere to all safety policies and report all identified hazards.
· Participate in any scheduled downtime, which includes cleaning equipment and designated areas throughout the plant.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain current OSHA Certified Powered Industrial Vehicle operator license.
· Minimum of one year forklift experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
· Able to read, write and interpret written information.
· Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
· Accurately count and perform basic math functions, including mental calculation of simple equations and/or fractions.
· Adhere to guidelines set forth in the Employee Handbook and follow KIMS and management/departmental policies and procedures.
· Understand the impact of energy usage and assist company in conserving resources and energy at all times.
· Use time efficiently and complete work in a timely manner.
· Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities.
· Get along with others and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
· Give and welcome feedback remaining open to others' ideas and trying new things.
· Follow instructions and respond to requests for service and assistance.
· Take responsibility for own actions, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, ask for and offer help.
· Adapt to changes in the work environment and uphold organizational values.
· Work ethically and with integrity to show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, treat people with respect, and promote a harassment-free environment.
· Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others.
· Monitor own work to ensure quality and look for ways to improve and promote quality.
· Apply basic computer skills and knowledge.
· Able to meet physical demands of the job with or without accommodation.
· Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this plant which include a post-offer drug screen.
Special Tools/Equipment Used:
· Powered Industrial Vehicles / Trucks (i.e. forklifts, clamp trucks, electric hoists)
· May need to operate equipment such as: broom, hoe, fire hose and any other tool or piece of equipment necessary to perform job duties.
· Must be clean-shaven.
· Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance and stoop.
· Should be able to kneel, crouch, and crawl as may be required to perform job duties.
· Capable of repetitive lifting, squatting and bending at the knees.
· Able to sit in a forklift, stand or walk on a concrete floor for at least 12 hours a day.
· Must regularly lift and / or move up to 50 lbs.
· Capable of lifting up to 20 lbs. in small or tight areas.
· Must have the ability to regularly and frequently go up and down steps.
· Specific vision abilities required include: close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents and vibration, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
· Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Occasionally required to travel outside to unsheltered areas.
· Occasionally subject to temperatures below 32 degrees and above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Heated and cooled rest areas are provided for all employees.
· Occasional exposure to dust and odors, oils and chemicals; Personal Protective Equipment required for employees working with hazardous materials.
· Occasionally required to wear a respirator, but not during the regular course of work
· Additional adverse conditions may be observed.
· Noise level in the work environment is usually very loud; hearing protection required typically.
Knauf Insulation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
All applicants must be legal residents that do not currently or in the future require sponsorship.
Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer in the world. We remain committed to conservation of the environment and the sustainable development and manufacture of our comprehensive line of insulation products using post-consumer recycled materials. We manufacture thermal and acoustical fiber glass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, original equipment manufacturer and metal building applications. With manufacturing operations in Europe, Russia, UK & the U.S. annual sales revenue exceeds $1.5B. We employ over 1,600 people across the U.S. at our Shelbyville, IN headquarters and manufacturing facilities, and at our plants in Shelbyville, IN, Lanett, AL, Shasta Lake, CA, Inwood, WV and Albion, MI. We welcome passionate & creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment.
Silvercote, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Knauf Insulation, manufactures high quality laminated insulation for steel and wood frame buildings. Silvercote offers several high R-value insulation systems for commercial construction applications. Silvercote also produces high quality retail products, such as water heater jackets, pipe wrap and duct wrap for today's energy conscious consumers.
With headquarters in Greenville, SC, Silvercote is growing and looking for talented people, who want to think freely and develop their skills and experience. Working at Silvercote is an opportunity unlike any other you've had. You'll be challenged, inspired and proud to be a part of our team. Silvercote's working environment thrives on the initiative of its people and it works!
Location/Region: Inwood, WV (US)