The Service Person implements the service plan of generating service revenue by per- forming billable, non-billable, warranty repair and planned maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Participates in a team effort to achieve branch service performance and service quota goals. Implements service programs and branch service strategy.
2. Supports service manager and salespeople in the development of the customer base.
3. Analyzes and troubleshoots defective equipment and determines appropriate solution in a timely manner.
4. Performs electrical and mechanical tasks to repair faulty products and systems.
5. Implements assigned service calls, interfaces with customers, performs assigned tasks within defined work schedule and documents service billing and products used.
6. Responsible for company assets in his/her possession.
7. Performs branch warehousing tasks, product inventories, parcels shipments and re- ceived to and from the branch.
8. Responsible for branch building facilities maintenance.
9. Performs pickup and delivery service of new and used products and service work.
10. Responsible for maintaining company service vehicles in safe working condition.
11. Responsible to implement environmental policies at the branch.
12. Documents labor time, parts and products removed from inventory.
13. Communicates service progress, market conditions and competitive information, to service manager.
14. Actively seeks additional service opportunities during scheduled service calls.
Minimum Requirement: None
Preferred Requirements: High School Diploma or Technical School
Electrical and Mechanical Experience — Analytical Troubleshooting — Problem Solving
Techniques — Battery and Charger Repair — Basic Electrical Power Theory
Skills and Knowledge:
Analytical Problem Solving Skills — Selling Services and Accessories — Customer Relations — Working Knowledge of Lead Acid Batteries and Chargers — Material Handling Knowledge — Written and Verbal Communications — Team Work — Safe Driving Skills
Industrial Battery & Charger, Inc. operates on the fundamental principle that providing premium products at competitive prices with honesty and integrity and a commitment to customer satisfaction is the only way to serve our customers. We are the largest privately held and independently owned distributor of industrial batteries and chargers in the United States. We operate thirteen branches in the Southeast and we represent the largest and most well known manufacturers in our industry.