American Operations Corporation ("AOC")
Engineering expert responsible for one or more of the major areas of telecommunications systems network engineering:
- network design
- computer modeling
- system optimization
- network management and control
- communications systems
- network security
- implementation engineering
As a command technical authority in this area, provides expert advice on the design and modification of major communications networks throughout the Middle East District (MED) Area of Responsibility (AOR), which includes the Middle East, parts of Africa and Europe.
The employees expertise covers a wide range of engineering technology, including:
- electrical engineering
- computer engineering
- systems engineering
- network software
Incumbent is responsible for the review of plans, specifications, and design analyses of original designs of telecommunications engineering features of complex construction programs, located in several foreign countries.
- Full and final responsibility for the technical adequacy and accuracy of all telecommunications systems designs reviewed or designed.
- Reviews studies, SOW, and preliminary, pre-final and final design plans and specifications prepared in-house and by Architectural-Engineers (AE).
- Engages in in-depth and detailed construct-ability reviews of design concepts, partial, final and as-advertised plans and specifications for complex multi-million dollar overseas projects.
- On the basis of review comments and discussions with AEs, determines the suitability or intended use.
- Reviews comments on final details construction plans to assure the completeness and construction feasibility of all portions pertaining to telecommunications engineering.
Develops original plans, design analyses, and specifications for complex telecommunications systems features of design work accomplished in-house.
- Interprets, adapts, and applies numerous guidelines, precedents, and engineering principles and practices, to determine the most feasible design of possible alternative solutions.
- Prepares technical specifications, design criteria, and drawings in conjunction with designs generated in-house.
- Design team expert within the branch for complex facility designs.
Technical Criteria Analysis.
Serves as an expert adviser and staff specialist to MED engineering staff on all matters involving or related to the telecommunications systems portions of design development programs/reviews.
- Expert in the telecommunications field.
- Develops design criteria to be included in scopes of work for use by AE firms in developing designs.
- Participates in conferences to discuss methods for resolving design discrepancies and integrate various technical requirements into designs.
Engineering Support during Construction.
- Receives problems and requests for information and interpretation of contract requirements from site personnel for resolution.
- Reviews the telecommunications systems aspects of contractor-submitted shop drawings, including catalog data, materials lists, equipment schedules, and material samples for conformance to contract requirements.
- Participates in the development of change orders and supplemental agreements by furnishing advice to the field on design problems created by the changes requirements.
- Conducts shop inspections of major item of telecommunications equipment being fabricated in the US, or in other countries for inclusion as Government or contractor furnished equipment.
- Makes visits to construction sites performing quality assurance inspections and providing support to field offices, in association with the telecommunications systems aspects of the construction.
- Conducts periodic staff surveillance inspections to assess the effectiveness of MED construction programs pertaining to quality assurance operations, adequacy of engineering information, effectiveness of field office operation, and completeness of field inspections.
- Visits sites of proposed future projects to acquire field data necessary to support design. Prepares planning and programming documents for potential new projects.
- Gives technical guidance to lower grade and other engineers involved in all phases of design and review for overall compliance with the scope of project to performance of detailed computations and simple design analyses in support of his work. During design development is available for consultation on all novel problems relative to his specialty and resolves such problems presented to him by AE, in-house engineers, and foreign government engineers.
- Serves as a technically responsible specialist for MED in the field of telecommunications engineering and, as such, is called on for opinions and advice on any matter within or touching on his field.
- Performs Value Engineering studies to achieve essential characteristics at minimum costs.
- Represents the MED Commander in connection with all matters relative to specialty, to present and explain controlling policies, objectives, and need to AE firms, using Government representatives and higher authority. Serves as Project Engineer for Engineering Division as assigned.
- US Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
- Active US Passport
- 5-10 Years of network and/or telecommunications engineering experience.
- At least One Year of specialized experience evaluating, identifying engineering and telecommunications systems network infrastructure engineering programs and projects.
Education and Experience:
- BS in engineering, preferred (OR physical or mathematical sciences).
- College-level education, training and/or technical experience in the physical and mathematical sciences, plus a good understanding of the engineering sciences, techniques and applications.
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours in physical, mathematical or engineering sciences. (Calculus or statics; strength of materials; fluid mechanics, hydraulics; thermodynamics; electrical fields and circuits; nature and properties of materials.)
Professional Registration or License:
- Engineering Intern, Engineer in Training, or Professional Engineer designation.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or industry equivalent.
AOC offers excellent benefits, including: health, vision, dental, long/short-term disability, life insurance, 401K, FSA and PTO.
AOC is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, veteran status, gender or sexual orientation.
AOC is a **A certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business** and **An ISO 9001:2015 Quality Certified Company**.
The contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.