Seeking a Residential Assistant able to work in High View, West Virginia. This position is ideal for someone that wants to get their foot in the door of one of the most amazing organizations to work for in the area. We have great offerings to include a 401K match up to 10% and opportunities for promotion and advancement. The Incumbent would play an integral part in service delivery to clients with mental health and substance abuse disorders. This person would work with a supervisor that treats all employees fair.
Position Description: Provides monitoring and oversight of residential/transitional housing facility and residents.
Required: HS Degree/GED; 1-3 yrs experience in social services; experience providing services in addictions or mental health treatment.
Preferred: HS Degree/GED; 3-5 yrs experience in social services; experience providing services in addictions or mental health treatment.
Schedule: Saturday 8:00 am-4:00 pm and Sunday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment and mental health issues Conflict resolution skills.
- Flexibility with the ability to multi-task despite competing priorities.
- Ability to remain calm in crisis situations
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Demonstrates professionalism and maintains confidentiality while working with sensitive issues
- Problem solving skills Relationship building skills Ability to set professional boundaries.
- Reports crisis situations, emergencies and maintenance issues to on-call person.
- Appropriate handling of emergencies and/or de-escalating crisis situations as they arise
- Available to residents during assigned shift for support as needed.
- Facilitates/conducts designated group sessions which are scheduled during shift.
- Monitors resident’s compliance with rules and regulations and gives appropriate consequences.
- Responsible for overseeing client self-medication administration.
- Maintains resident confidentiality.
- Receives report at start of shift and gives report at end of shift.
- Transports residents in a SOME vehicle to and from AA/NA meetings and provides supervision of residents while away from the facility. Transport clients to Washington DC for graduation.
- All documentation is done accurately and completely on a daily basis.
- Maintain up to date first aid & CPR certifications.
Reports to: Recovery Support Services Manager
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Go to our career page at http://www.some.org/about_jobs.html and click on the search icon to locate this position. Follow the instructions to complete your on-line application profile to be considered. No phone calls please.
SOME, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or liability for service in the Armed forces of the United States. SOME, Inc is also a Drug Free Workplace.
Custom Sources:None Selected
Vendor Sources:None Selected
Social Networks:Not available, please contact your Relationship Manager.
Our Mission: SOME (So Others Might Eat, is an interfaith, community-based organization that exists to help the poor and homeless of our nation's capital. We meet the immediate daily needs of the people we serve with food, clothing, and health care. We help break the cycle of homelessness by offering services, such as affordable housing, job training, addiction treatment, and counseling, to the poor, the elderly and individuals with mental illness. Each day, SOME is restoring hope and dignity one person at a time. We invite you to join us. Learn more about us on the web at www.some.org.